Saturday, May 16, 2009

What I learned from Weight Watchers

It seems to me that they stressed the following changes in my eating and lifestyle. 1 - Less calories. 2 - Less fat. 3 - More fiber and 4 - More exercise. Maybe I should just say sensible eating and exercise. There is no mystery to this formula, it just makes sense. Less calories for storage as fat, more fiber to help me feel satisfied and more exercise to burn the fat that my body had stored up over time.

The other component that my counselor stressed was don't let yourself get overly hungry. When you're starving you tend to overeat. So, I tend to eat when I'm hungry, but I eat less because I know that if I'm not feeling satisfied, I can always have something else later.

OK, this is what I think I know about eating. I'm sure that I have a lot to learn about food and I know that I eat some things that sabotage my plans. I hope that I'll learn from writing about it and reading other people's blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment